Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Cable




Our cable bill... We have the Comcast triple play package and that includes the home phone, cable service and the internet. I added it a couple of months ago after realizing that I could bump up the channel line up on the cable and include the home phone service and still receive the internet not much more than what I was paying for cheap cable line up and internet. I called a few days ago to take the home phone service off the package. I was informed that it would make the internet and the cable prices go up and I would then be paying more than what I am on the triple play package. So... I ended up leaving it for the time being until I can figure out what to do with it. I would like to ditch the cable completely, ditch the home phone service and keep the internet service. That would then make our internet only around $59 a month. I could get DSL service someplace and it would be cheaper than the cable internet. I also would like to start using the home converter tv boxes that are being sold. My friend recently purchased one and I was really surprised at how many channels she is now getting without having cable. The channels are just as clear as if she had cable. She recently completely got rid of her cable service by purchasing the converter box and then she used one of the coupons she had gotten in the mail. My son and daughter sometimes watch tv shows on the internet when they miss a show they wanted to see. If we had the converter box, they could watch on the internet what we could not get on the converter. Stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on "Simply Frugal Nana". Please come back often and check out new ideas on saving money and getting tips to make things easier around the house.

Make sure to check my other blogs at "Babies CAFE" and "Baby Light My Fire Candles"

~Lisa

Love Candles? www.lisaholland.scent-team.com