Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cut Down on Impulse Spending





I have done this suggestion many, many times. Whenever you make a purchase, no matter how big or small, figure out how many hours you would have to work to make that purchase. For example, I have my eye on a purse that costs $80. Once I figured up how many hours I would have to work just to pay for that purse, all of a sudden it didn’t look so good to me. Then, I would begin looking at the less expensive purses and find one I liked just as well.
Just recently, I fell in love with a name brand purse at a Fine Department store. It cost almost $100. My daughter went into a department store that specializes in marking down name brand items and selling them for quite less. She seen the same purse there for $30. Just as she was about to pick up the phone to call me, a lady snatched the purse up for herself. I still haven’t gotten the purse, but hopefully, someday when something new takes its place I will get it for pennies on the dollar. It pays to be patient!
This suggestion can benefit you in many ways. It will make you aware of the true cost of an item since every hour that you are going to have to work just to be able to afford it is an hour away from your family and your friends and from the things you like to do. It also makes you stop and think about how badly you need this item. Chances are, you didn’t need it to begin with. If you wait, chances are you will find it someplace else at a much cheaper price. This suggestion will cut down tremendously on impulse purchases and spending extra money that could be used towards bills. You will be able to save more money for other items.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on "Simply Frugal Nana". Please come back often and check out new ideas on saving money and getting tips to make things easier around the house.

Make sure to check my other blogs at "Babies CAFE" and "Baby Light My Fire Candles"

~Lisa

Love Candles? www.lisaholland.scent-team.com