Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Work or Volunteer


Is your cash-strapped teenager always wanting to go to a sports event, concert hall, or a theater? There is a way they can still go and make a buck at the same time. Have them check out part-time jobs at a sports venue, concert hall or theater. Even if they get a job emptying trash or tearing tickets, they might be able to catch a good portion of the show. They could volunteer and inexchange for passing out play bills at the door, they could sit in on the performance when their work was done.

When I was in high school, I worked at the theater and drive-in during the summer. I absolutely loved working there. It not only gave me the money for things that I needed, such as gas money, extra spending money, but I purchased everything myself during my Senior year. I bought my graduation announcements, cap and gown and even my own class ring. It teaches them responsibility and they have their own money. The best part about working at a theater and drive in..... I got into ALL the movies for FREE! My family also got in free to see them too!



blog comments powered by Disqus