Friday, April 3, 2009

Using Recycled Soap Bits as Detergent




I watched the CBS Morning Show this morning and one of their guests, Thelma Meyer, was offering some tips for around the house.

Since I have given some suggestions on making your own laundry detergent, I thought I would post this tip she gave.

Thelma tells us to stop throwing away those little pieces of soap. She takes hers and stores them
in a plastic jug in the jug under the sink with a little bit of water. She then places all of that in a
pan on the stove with a little water, heating bit by bit stirring, until the soap melts. You can then
use that melted down soap in the washing machine to tackle greasy stains on denim.

To read the excerpt on their website, click here.

Source: CBS Early Morning Show

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on "Simply Frugal Nana". Please come back often and check out new ideas on saving money and getting tips to make things easier around the house.

Make sure to check my other blogs at "Babies CAFE" and "Baby Light My Fire Candles"

~Lisa

Love Candles? www.lisaholland.scent-team.com